The Houston Mortgage Bankers Association is organized:
- To have a membership that is dedicated to the perpetuation of the highest standards of professional service and which promotes sound and ethical business practices.
- To effectively represent the interests of the Houston real estate finance industry in local, state and national political issues.
- To inform its members of changes in laws and of pending legislation affecting the mortgage lending business.
- To develop and encourage education within the local mortgage industry.
- To inform the public about mortgage lenders their beneficial effect on the economy and the commercial and residential services that they render.
- To have a membership that creates an environment for an efficient and profitable real estate finance industry, which provides the lowest possible cost for homebuyers and other real estate borrowers.
- To support consumer education through community outreach programs.
- To provide opportunities for the membership to engage in meaningful business discussion and social interactions.